Monday, November 30, 2009

Unit two: professor's response

Re: question about biology‏
From:
Lewis Cantley (lewis_cantley@hms.harvard.edu)
Sent:
Mon 11/30/09 7:30 PM
To:
vivian zhang (princesszhang@live.com)
Cc:
kuhn (kip.kuhn@wasatchacademy.org)
Vivian
Enzymes create an environment for the reactants that make the transition state more stable compared to an aqueous environment.
Lew
On Nov 30, 2009, at 9:58 PM, vivian zhang wrote:
Dear Dr Cantley,I am a student from Wasatch Academy in Utah, and I am studing AP Biology now. I am very intereted in this course and I also want to major in biochemistry or pharmacy in collage. I have a question about enzyme while I am studing. Chemical reactions sometimes have to go to a transition state to react. enzyme can lower the state in order to catalyze the reaction. My question is how enzyme can lower the state. I will be very appreciate if you have time to answer my question.From, Vivian Zhang

No comments:

Post a Comment